Ten years, evicted 30 families from affordable housing and millions spent on consultants, salaries, travel, marketing, infrastructure upgrades, roundabouts and sales. What has been accomplished in Temple View?
- 10 new white homes
- Less people living in Temple View
- Unable to sell any of the next 16 homes
- The RMA application for the next phase of housing has been put on hold after 6 months
- One approved builder building homes that less than 1% of the population can afford
- Zero impact on economic vitality
- Impact on long term family life is immeasurable
- The sanctity of the Temple was never under threat
- Doubling the population of Temple View could take 100 years
- There will never be a return on investment
If this was a private sector business it would be in bankruptcy. This is a failing Church business being propped up by sacred tithing funds. We are silent and complicit with our heads in the sand, hoping that God will make it possible for hundreds of families to go into debt and move to Temple View. God does not care about making money. God does not care about selling houses. God does not care about roundabouts. God does not care about a mega stake centre with a full sized basketball court. God not care about keeping up appearances and other such earthly matters. God only cares about charity, love and telling the truth.