Two weeks ago I was told to call Brother Hale, the secretary to the First Presidency of the Church, by a nice sister in the Church Auditing Department. She gave me his name, phone number and email.
I called him and we had a pleasant conversation.
I asked him if he could find out if the First Presidency was aware that employees of PRI had used chapels to conduct firesides all over New Zealand.
- Saints were told that sacred tithing funds were being used for this real estate development project
- That this had been approved by the Tithing Disposition Committee which includes the First Presidency
- No one should question what we are doing because this is God’s will
- Has there been a change in sacred tithing doctrine that allows these funds to be invested in profit making ventures?
- Brother Hale said he would call me back.
- He did not call me back
- I called on Thursday Oct 2 and left a message
- I called on Friday Oct 3 and was transferred to security
- “This is security, Brother Hale is not taking your calls, how can I help you”
- I got my answer loud and clear from the security guy!