In 2010 the Area presidency decided to charge a 17 year old with the theft of some old school rugby uniforms from the closed school.
It is important to note the following:
- He admitted the theft to his father
- The uniforms were recovered
- He was preparing to go on a mission
- The judge showed mercy and compassion and dismissed the case
- Where was the mercy and compassion from his Church leaders?
- Making an example of him was more important than charity and love
- Many similarities to the story of the Good Samaritan
While trying to make an example of a 17 year old young man in 2010, Church leaders turned a blind eye to two companies, Osborne Hay and Beca Engineering, who were paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for false and misleading consulting reports.