Excerpt from the CCNZ demolition application:
McKay was of significance to LDS only.
- Polynesian Culture Center
- “no other success can compensate for failure in the home.”
- An adviser to John F Kennedy
Objectives of the campaign to minimize the legacy of David O McKay.
- play down as much as possible the contribution, importance and status of David O McKay and Edward O Anderson.
- Of significance to LDS only
- imported and cookie cutter template design …. yes excellent choice of words.
- Do not mention that Edward O Anderson designed the Los Angeles, London and Swiss Temple …
- The buildings are so dangerous I would not send my kids there!
- The engineer who did the report does not want to have anything to do with fixing the buildings!
- The buildings could fall down at any moment
- Danger! Danger! Danger!
- $60 million is not a wise stewardship of church funds
- Cement blocks are easy to make for untrained missionaries